The specific objectives and purposes of TCHA are:
- To promote the continuation and improvement of the Texas License to Carry (LTC) Law.
- To represent the standards and concerns of members to the general public, news media, Texas Department of Public Safety and legislators.
- To promote responsible firearms safety, ownership and use in our communities.
- To provide current information to members about the laws, lesson plans and topics related to the License to Carry program.
- To promote high standards of instruction and training.
- To support the right of responsible, law-abiding citizens to own, keep and lawfully carry firearms for personal protection.